Aerocon Systems Co.
A Division of Fortune Plus, Inc.
Warning: All liability waived! Rocketry is an inherently dangerous undertaking. Make your choices and take personal responsibility for the outcome of your experiment! Protect your privilege to fly rockets by not making the headlines or becoming a statistic.AEROCON POLICIES
Our Sales and Supply Philosophy:
- We keep in touch with scrap, salvage and surplus sources and try to nab the cream of the technological flotsam afloat in the wakes of closed industries and institutional scientific programs.
- Some of this material is highly qualified to be used in Experimental Rocketry, which is our primary interest. We are making our good luck available to all on our mailing list or who order from our ads in rocketry magazines and on websites.
- It is also true that we have items that are not listed (one of a kind) so it may not be a bad idea to call once in awhile if you have ongoing needs for stuff.
- Please be ready to provide proof of age for experimental motors, manuals, or ignition supplies. A copy of your driver's license or ID card is fine.
- If we run out of items and you have not indicated alternate purchases, we will contact you. Backorders will ship separately at additional expense unless other arrangements have been made.
- We disclaim any responsibility for the application of materials and information purchased from us and offer to exchange merchandise with anyone who does not have the ability to use these materials or information safely, or to anyone not willing to learn the skills needed to utilize the materials and information in a safe manner. Return materials or information unused with an explanation for an exchange. A restocking fee will apply in most cases depending on the product returned.
- Rocketry and the development of rocket propulsion systems are inherently hazardous pursuits. We take no responsibility for the manner in which the products you buy are used. Be cautious, use intelligence, be safe. If you kill yourself we've lost a customer for life.
- Aerocon supplies a mixture of new and used components to the professional and amateur aerospace community. Unless a product on our website is specifically stated to be "NEW" all components are from surplus applications and are sold on an "AS IS" basis.
Shipping and Handling:
- Is generally via USPS Priority Mail or UPS Ground.
- Overseas Shipping: Inquire for rate.
- Shipping is the cost of postage to get you your package.
- Handling is the cost of the box or envelope, the packing materials, the labels, tape, glue, processing of the order, running to the post office and all the other little things necessary to get you your package. If it fits in an envelope shipping and handling is usually about 6 bucks. If it goes in a box shipping and handling is 9 dollars for the first pound and it goes up from there by weight.
- Unless insurance and/or delivery tracking is specifically requested by the customer, insurance and/or delivery tracking is not included in the shipping or handling fee. Tracking is only available with UPS and USPS Express Mail shipping.
- If no shipping company is specifically indicated by the customer shipping defaults to United States Postal Service.
- It is the customer's responsibilty to process any insurance claims made or delivery tracking issues with the shipping company the customer has selected.
- Orders must be placed by 1 PM PST to ship out UPS Next Day Air.
Orders, Net 30 Day Billing, Purchase Orders, Wire Transfers, Freight Collect Shipping, CODs, Returns :
- Payment is due on 30 day accounts on the 30th day from the invoice date. We do our very best to ship promptly, please take the same care with your accounts payable.
- Minimum Net 30 order is $50 per line item or $75 merchandise total unless other arrangements have been made. This is exclusive of shipping and handling costs.
- Minimum order regardless of payment method other than 30 day accounts (Visa, Mastercharge, American Express, Check, Money Order, Paypal) is $15. This is exclusive of shipping and handling costs.
- Minimum merchandise order is $75 to ship freight collect on your account.
- Shipments outside the US will incur a $15 documentation fee. Orders over $2500 will incur a $35 documention fee to cover AES certifications.
- There is a $20 fee for receiving bank wire transfers. If an intermediary bank is involved in the transfer there will be a $35 fee, $20 from our bank and $15 from the intermediary bank. Your bank will know if an intermediary will be involved in the transfer, please check with them first.
- There is a cancellation fee of 4% on credit card orders cancelled after the close of business of the day of the order. Unfortunately our credit card processor charges us this amount for refunds on cancelled orders, sorry. Refunds on wire transfers will incur a $45 fee. There is no fee for PayPal or check payment refunds.
- We do not ship COD.
- There is a 20% restocking fee on returned items unless returned under warranty with authorization from Aerocon. Items must be returned with Returned Material Authorization documentation provided.
- Orders may be cancelled the same day during normal working hours at no additional charge. There will be a 4% charge to cancel the order after your credit card has been processed the evening of the day the order was placed. Unfortunately our credit card acceptance company charges us a a fee that is non-refundable to us once the order has been processed by them. There is a 50% restocking fees on parachutes. Parachutes shipped de-mil'd, that is, without lines are not returnable.
- Literature and software is not returnable unless exchanged for an identical product due to a manufacturing or electronic defect.
DISCLAIMER and Statement of LIMITED WARRANTY to Original Purchaser
- Aerocon Systems Co. warrants to the original purchaser that our products are free of defective parts and workmanship and that they will remain in good working order for a period of 30 days from the date of original purchase. This does not apply to any Aerocon product specifically stated as being "AS IS" in which event the product is purchased in "AS IS" condition and no further warranty applies. Any product will be repaired or replaced within 30 days of purchase if it fails to operate as specified, if returned by the original purchaser and if it has not been damaged or modified, or serviced by anyone other than the manufacturer. Aerocon Systems Co. their owners, employees, vendors and contractors shall not be liable for any special, incidental, or consequential damages or for loss, damage or expense directly or indirectly arising from customer?s or anyone?s use of or inability to use this device either separately or in combination with other equipment, or for personal injury or loss or destruction of other property, for experiment failure, or for any other cause. These products are sold as experimental accessories only, and due to the nature of experimental carriers such as rockets, the possibility of failure can never be totally removed. It is up to the user, the experimenter, to use good judgement and safe design practices and to properly pretest these products for their intended performance in the intended vehicle, or reasonable facsimile of same, under controlled conditions to gain reasonable belief that these products and vehicle will perform in a safe manner, and to assure that all reasonable precautions are exercised to prevent injury or damage to anyone or anything. WARNING: Do not use these products unless you completely understand and agree with all of the above statements and conditions. Sorry, no refunds on electronic items or custom warning streamers.
Sales Tax (California only):
- Sales tax will be added to all shipments to California unless your organization is declared exempt. A copy of a resale certificate is necessary for resale exemptions.